Paris Magic: Music in the City of Lights
with KMFA hosts Sara Schneider
& Ann Hume Wilson
May 7 - 15, 2022
Spend a magical week filled with music, art and, of course, great food and wine in Paris next spring with KMFA 89.5! KMFA's Rideshare host Sara Schneider and President & General Manager Ann Hume Wilson will accompany you to five concerts during the week including a trio at Paris’s newest major venue, the Philharmonie, designed by star architect Jean Nouvel. There we will enjoy performances by Le Concert des Nations, led by star early music specialist Jordi Savall in an all-Mozart program, the Orchestre de Paris, conducted by Paavo Järvi with the great violinist Joshua Bell, and the superb Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Yannick Nézet-Séguin, the music director of the Met. You will also attend Paris’s main opera house for an exciting production of Richard Strauss’ powerful opera, Elektra, with the great soprano Christine Goerke in the title role, as well as a special private concert, exclusive to the group.
From the Middle Ages to the modern age, we will explore different periods of French history and culture in specially designed walking tours, and private guided tours of the Musée d’Orsay and other museums. Outside the city, we visit the beautiful gardens and Baroque architecture of the Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau, the grand Renaissance chateau that was home to both Francis I and Napoleon. Our home in Paris is the deluxe 4-star Hôtel Westminster, centrally located between the Opera and the Place Vendôme.
Reservations are now closed.
To inquire about the waiting list, contact The Grand Tour at 800-727-2995
- Prime tickets to: Elektra at the Opera Bastille, 3 orchestral concerts at the Philharmonie de Paris, 1 private chamber music concert
- Four-star accommodations at the centrally-located Hôtel Westminster
- Guided tours of the Musée d'Orsay and other museums
- Fine dining across Paris
- Day trip to Chateau Fontainebleu and Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Free time for additional sightseeing, shopping, or relaxing
- A small group of KMFA listeners and supporters
NOT INCLUDED: Flights to/from Paris, travel insurance, and any items not listed in the “Included Highlights” section above. See Trip Facts below for more details.
8 days/7 nights
$5,435 per person, ground only, double occupancy
$960 single supplement
May 8, your classical journey begins in Paris
May 15, your journey concludes after breakfast
- May 9: Le Concert des Nations | Mozart’s ‘Jupiter’ Symphony & Requiem | Jordi Savall conducting
- May 10: The Paris Opera | Strauss’ Elektra | Semyon Bychkov conducting and featuring Christine Goerke as Elektra
- May 12: Orchestra de Paris | Sibelius’ Symphony No. 7 & Beethoven’s Symphony No. 8 | Paavo Järvi conducting and featuring Joshua Bell
- May 14: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra | Clara Schumann’s Piano Concerto & Bruckner’s Symphony No. 3 | Yannick Nézet-Séguin conducting
Reservations are now closed. To inquire about the waiting list, please contact The Grand Tour at 800-727-2995 / firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional questions, contact Virginia Alvarez at 512-615-6902 / email@example.com
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR TRAVEL PARTNER: